Our Space To Hang

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Our Space To Hang

Mematorium For Favorite Gifs

Similar topics

I forgot my password

GifSearch

2 posters

The Internet, A Tool For Dissent Or Destruction?

Aunt Bee
      Aunt Bee
      Forum Bureau Chief
      Forum Bureau Chief

Number of posts : 192
      Pundit Type : Adminologist
      World View : Always Changin'

Grim The Internet, A Tool For Dissent Or Destruction?

Post by Aunt Bee Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:20 am

Gee I Hope SOPA doesnt mind but I copied an article I found online and wanted it out there before it got buried.

(So bite Me for those who dont like it ;)  )

The Internet, A Tool For Dissent Or Destruction? 591267

I'm tired and literally sick today.

It's all ticklish fun and games until real lives are placed in immediate danger and INNOCENT people become genuinely fearful of sharing and posting anymore because someone has threatened them with a release of 'information' or worse.

It's the fucking peak of insanity when INNOCENT people may be physically harmed due to the actions of one or a few who are just 'fucking around' at the expense of other innocent people for simple laughs, or possibly even simple profits.

Extortion is a sociopaths game.

What in the fuck have we done by accepting this sort of thing as a perfectly normal and an acceptable 'risk' of merely posting in an online forum or connecting with friends in other social media? Where is the honor in using these 'skills' just to fuck with INNOCENT people? Now granted....there are
      those who are not so innocent....and intentional jackasses often get what they deserve....but what happens when everyone is turned into a potential jackass?

Is it then 'open season' on everyone and everything? Are we to hold our brothers and sisters in contempt forever and let suspicion, anger and the spirit of 'vendetta' guide our minds into a state of permanent online warfare?

Somewhere , there must be a code of honor. Somewhere, there must be someone who is willing to draw a line...no matter what the potential 'danger' or percieved 'threat' may be for doing so. Somewhere, there must be those who are unafraid to call bullshit no matter the cost, wherever it's found.... even amongst friends.

I'm asking for the opportunity to be friends again, with whomever we choose.... to be able to openly share minds and ideas without fear of petty and juvenile acts of 'retribution', 'extortion' or even 'guilt' by mindless speculation and association. This might be impossible at this stage, in this community, at this time.... I really don't know......but it's worth a shot to me.

Also....It's important for any who care to know that I'm NOT pointing accusatory fingers at ANYONE, or ANY GROUP of people specifically. I'm simply addressing a disturbing and disheartening trend that I've noticed IN GENERAL over the course of the last several months in the CT community. Also, I must add that I AM NOT ABOVE GUILT OR BLAME in this general trend myself. In fact, the greater majority of us hold at least some responsibilities to some extent for allowing this trend to fester to this degree... I am guilty of once imagining that the only people who were ever 'targeted' were those who deserved it in the name of Universal Justice......and there is a large part of me that would still love to believe that.....but I also know that if one plays with fire long enough, one shouldn't be surprised when one gets burned on occasion.....so I know better and fully accept any consequences.

I hope that this is taken in the spirit it is intended....as a genuine plea for reason, sanity and some sense of universal honor....... let's break this Vicious Circle of self immolation if at all possible... if these skills are worth anything at all, then they should be used to fight the REAL criminals in this world.....those who endeavor to kill or limit our rightful liberties for personal, economic or political gain....and not against each other.

Hugs
      A Big Amen

Last edited by Aunt Bee on Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:58 am; edited 2 times in total
      Smooth Operator
      Smooth Operator
      Party Hostess

Number of posts : 201
      Pundit Type : Conspiratologist
      World View : It's All Fake

Grim Re: The Internet, A Tool For Dissent Or Destruction?

Post by Smooth Operator Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:21 am

Oh My Goodness BB
      The Internet, A Tool For Dissent Or Destruction? 727319

I think Maybe You're trying to stir up trouble.

The Internet, A Tool For Dissent Or Destruction? 2144547258

Good.

And what's really pitiful in Our case is that we have this..... what I am beginning to refer as: "Room Mate Doom" Over our heads. I for one, would be far more active in helping to track this troublesome Moles and tracking leeches of the Interwebs without the said parasites.

But For NOW I have things to take care of that the room mates cant do on their own while they are at the mall and going to the movies.

The Internet, A Tool For Dissent Or Destruction? 965283

NOT that I am complaining
      The Internet, A Tool For Dissent Or Destruction? 71621

But I have to say Sayanora til late this afternoon.

The Internet, A Tool For Dissent Or Destruction? 430650

(Or AM I....?

The Internet, A Tool For Dissent Or Destruction? 646811

Smooth Out

Smooth Operator
      Smooth Operator
      Party Hostess

Post by Smooth Operator Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:47 pm

The Internet, A Tool For Dissent Or Destruction? 591267

Yeah, it's a real real sad state we live in when folks cant even see the bigger picture in our world today.

Sometimes I think we ALL have doom coming due to the fact that many cant see beyond and above their own egos.

The Internet, A Tool For Dissent Or Destruction? 2144547258
      Aunt Bee
      Aunt Bee
      Forum Bureau Chief
      Forum Bureau Chief

Number of posts : 192
      Pundit Type : Adminologist
      World View : Always Changin'

Post by Aunt Bee Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:58 am

And speaking of extortion, I thought I would prop this up
      The Internet, A Tool For Dissent Or Destruction? 1775782527
      Smooth Operator
      Smooth Operator
      Party Hostess

Post by Smooth Operator Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:11 pm

Here's A Plea Of My Own For Reason, Posted On This Site Some Time Ago And Got Deleted
      (And Please Note there Is Certain "Cheekiness" About It That I Hope These "Travelers" On The Outside Looking In Takes Into Its Rightful Context)

Quote:
      I mean, there's childlike vs being childish and the whole idea of "It's all fun and games until it happens to you" routine.

But there's a deeper problem
      We are in a civil war.

Period.

But we are all so self absorbed by the chaos that we have created for ourselves and emersed ourselves in, we havent pulled our heads out of the sand long enough to realise what a bunch of stupid jerk offs we have become.

We emerse ourselves into our petty squabbles and fits of arrogance then wrap ourselves into a nice narcistic package of self gratification followed by fits of tantrums that makes EVERY issue "ALL About Me" mentality. Is it any wonder that our world has gone to shit and back.

We are so consumed about blaming others so that we dont have to take responsibility for ANYTHING or anyone and this was how MANY today were raised, so is it any wonder that we have grown up to be a bunch of lazy self righteous Douche bags?

Even Anonymous, with it's big talk about helping others.... who are they helping? Me...? You???

Well, maybe you but not me. And I happen to like the whole IDEA behind Anonymous.
      We are all so afraid of our own shadows and yet are the biggest to shoot our mouths off while anonymous and behind a proxy. But what if that proxy was stripped away and you suddenly found yourself face to face with an old friend or your soul mate.... or your mom? And this was a person you had been just belittled a little while ago.

But hey- in this day in age, there is no sense of responsibility so it makes it ALL good... doesn't it?

Doesn't It?
      The whole idea behind the Anonymous routine.... at least I always thought, was to be the Good Samaritan.

But who was I kidding.... Samaritans are for Pussies so they MUST be gay... right?

RIGHT?

And this brings me to the conclusion that maybe, we should all learn to grow up a little bit more in order to get along.

But then again, it doesn't make it all about "ME", does it?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 7:44 pm